The day started with surprises for the family (a tradition taken from my uber-creative-genius mother who was queen of special little surprises). For ds it meant a soft hot-pink football, dd enjoyed v-day pen and paper and glitter glue, and dh received his traditional hand-dipped chocolates and a LO. This was the first year I FINALLY mastered dipping chocolates (thanks to that article I wrote which provided the research). He actually asked me if I bought them! That was the best compliment I received all day (trust me, if you knew how many times I've made chocolate treats and was disappointed with the results, you would understand!)

The day started with food for the heart, from the heart, and shaped like a heart:
The day was filled with the usual errands and work. This evening we had another special meal (my traditions ALWAYS involve food. Lots and lots and lots of food). Dds friend Garret joined us while his parents were out so she had a great time. I cut some heart-shaped veggies for dh and I and dd enjoyed her heart-shaped garlic bread (can I say that was MUCH easier than my original idea of making heart-shaped breadsticks. What was I thinking? That I was Martha Stewart or something?!) Some sappy music, candles and Martinellis completed the meal :)


After dinner I put in a Winnie the Pooh Valentines movie for dd and Garret. I told them to hug for the camera and I got a quick and enthusiastic response. Little kids are always ready to give hugs!
All in all it was a very fun Valentines! Now it's time to start planning St. Patty's, Easter and Ds's Birthday!! Yeah for holidays.

1 comment:
that's so cute! I'm just like you, I love to make heart shapes for valentines...i actually go one step further and make the food red..but it doesn't always look good, so I think i'll just stick with the shapes. I love the picture of S&G! I'm glad you guys had a great valentines!! =)
Post a Comment