Here are our highlights:
On Sunday I spent the day thinking it was St. Patrick's Day. Ha. Whoops :) I sent them on a clover hunt for their green treat and put them in green for dinner when our friends came over for some green cuisine. It ended up working out better anyway because Monday was a crazy day, but it was still kind of funny. Btw, this year I found a completely green main course dish (Appetizingly called "Green Noodles" ;), and it was a definite improvement over dyed-green food =D
On Tuesday, the day of ds's b-day party dd woke up with a fever of 102. Thus all b-day plans were cancelled and dd became a limp noodle for the day.
By Wednesday Dd was looking great and ds and I were down for the count. This lasted until Friday -- when I finally was able to walk around a bit. Rather than infect the whole ward the kids and I stayed home from church today. I was so sad :( I love Easter sunday, and I love dd's Easter dress ;) I'm glad dh was able to go and fill me in.
Unfortunately the sickness left us to weak to decorate eggs, do an easter egg hunt or the downtown Shop Hop (which dd did last year and loved). Oh well. I did have their easter baskets for them. In our family we put healthy "bunny" treats (so things like raisins, trail mix, juice etc) in their basket with one or two pieces of candy. THen they get one gospel-oriented gift. Dd got a Bible stories DVD and ds liked his Sunday board book. We're not bothering with telling the kids they're from the "Easter Bunny" I almost wonder if I ever really believed that a giant bunny bounced into my house with a basket?! Anyway, we had a nice Sunday, especially with the beautiful weather. Here are a couple of pics from the last week:

Somebody actually called ds a "fat baby" the other day. I don't know when it happened but he has become a little chubs! I need to get a pic of his big ol' belly hanging over his pants. You can't see the top of his diaper to save your life.
Dd has a thing about layering clothes. An extreme thing (she is so related to you lys). I will put her in pants and a shirt. Then she adds a skirt (or tutu as the case may be) then a princess nightgown, then a jacket. The other day I actually let her into the store wearing jeans, a jean skirt, longsleeved shirt, short sleeved polo and strappy summer nightgown. All at once.
I thought this was very resourceful of him ;)

3 comments:
gosh, what a bummer that you were sick AGAIN! this flu seems to not wanna go away. hope you're all back to feeling normal. =)
I was wondering why you said you were having St. patty's dinner on the 16th-ha the noodles-did you put dye in them or how were they green?
Next Sunday when we have FHE at our place, shay should show off her easter dress! =) our Easter wasn't how I wanted it to go either, oh well.
those are cute pics!! I don't believe tru is a chunk! I have to see it for my own eyes! he musta grown a whole new belly since i saw him last. lol
HaHa. I merely mentioned that you and trent did health foods and I thought it was cute and Jordan starting turning white! He was scared that he wouldn't get candy next year :)He sure does love his candy!
How horrible you all were so sick over Easter and St. Pats day and birthdays! Wow! I'm glad your all feeling better. The kiddo's are so cute!
Post a Comment