This weekend was a lot of fun. The warmer weather came just in time for some Saturday sun -- it was great. That morning we went and hiked in Rock Creek Canyon. It is probably our favorite local hike. In the spring and summer it is absolutely beautiful with the dark green trees and the running water. It wasn't exactly "pretty" on Saturday but it was fun to get out and get some exercise together. This was dd's first year of actual hiking. We were still putting her in the backpack last year. She did great and was really proud of herself when she was able to climb up or down the steep parts (with help of course:) Maybe it helped that she was wearing her new pink leather hiking boots ;) haha New shoes always inspire greatness right?
Later that afternoon we flew kites again -- it was MUCH windier this time. We actually lost our kite to a tree after about 5 minutes. It eventually came loose but the cute pink tail was sacrificed in the process. Good times.
Here are some pre-hike pictures at the mouth of the canyon:


2 comments:
wow, you're all legit looking with that hiking gear stuff. =) I bet Tim wishes I was the same way...and you think I would love to hike coming from a family that went on at least 5 hikes a week =) I'll stick to the leisurely walks tho.
what a fun activity! I've never even been to Rock Canyon!
I like Truman's shelter on his dad's back! What will they think of next? A mini TV? Or a smoothie dispenser?
I'm getting in the mood to go hiking myself now!
Post a Comment