Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh gee she's three ..

I know, I know, another stream of endless photos from the Jessee fam. I can't help it. Life is just more fun behind a camera ;)
Here is the rundown from dd's very first friend party:

We went with cupcakes of death for the treat. I didn't KNOW they were cupcakes of death until I brought the box home and saw it had trans fat in it. I did notice (before purchasing) that canned frosting also had trans fat so I did not buy it. Rather than teach myself how to make homemade frosting on the day of the party I went with geometric powdered sugar designs. Ha. The kids didn't mind and I"m sure their parents appreciated the pure sugar cupcake/Popsicle/juice diet.
Dd, hyped up on sugar, drinking from her special birthday cup.

While I was intricately and carefully designing the cupcakes, dh was outside with the kids preparing the water festivities. Ds was particularly fond of the unbreakable water ballons that dh made from large balloons (they do last longer that way ...)
Dh was very proud of his big red baby. He was the only one that could lift it.
Here is further proof that the balloon was HUGE and unbreakable:



At this point you are probably wondering why the pictures from this amazing water party only showcase a baby pool about 2 feet across. We had a huge octupus spraying water and a fun water-slinging sprinkler thing as well -- the kids still chose the itty bitty pool. Of course.
I was amazed at how much use they could get out of a pool so small, here are some pics of them living it up in all two inches of water:

When things started to calm down we switched gears for cake and presents:

Dd was very grateful "Gank You Friend!" and loved all of her gifts. They have already been put to good use today.
I think our princess dress and shoes were a big hit as well (no surprise there) and hope that they will replace her (now) faded and raveling tutu.
By the end of the morning the kids were swinging off the furniture and bouncing off the walls:


All in all I think they had a good time. See what I mean:

Pure enjoyment.
That night Lyle and Tina dropped by. Tina made this blanket for dd:

It was a great day filled with water, fattening foods and lots and lots of pink.
(blowing kisses for the camera)

No comments: