We all pitched in to buy my mom an flight for an early birthday present. My mom was totally surprised, as was my little sister Chelsee who had no idea we were flying mom in to come to her baby shower.
All Friday my mom and I worked on preparations for the shower. I made the mistake of leaving almost everything until the last minute -- thinking that would be nice of me to make sure that my mom was apart of all of the planning and preparation. In reality that was a big mistake because we were up way late finishing things and were dead tired :) Oh well, it was fun and it was worth it! The shower went great! Chelsee got some adorable gifts and we saw family that we hadn't seen in awhile. Here are some photos from our 4-day extravaganza:
Here is Chelsee in her apartment (where the shower was) before the guests arrived. I used my cricut to cut out the clothesline name thingamagig. You can't tell in the pic but the paper was pink and patterned.

My mom is the queen of adorable "thank you" gifts for showers. We stole this popcorn idea from a shower I had attended and put together some little bags. We were so lucky that the popcorn bags happened to be brown and went with our pink and brown color scheme ;)
Of course we had to make our classic diaper cake. I made a wreath to but forgot to get a picture!
Here is the yummy food. It was an early morning open house so we decided on cupcakes and tons of fruit with fruit dip.
I stole another shower idea from my friend (thanks Heather!) and had a raffle for a gift basket. The entry "fee" was a package of diapers or wipes. The basket was a make-it-yourself pizza kit and movie gift certificate. Chelsee counted up the diapers and wipes after the shower -- she received over 500 diapers and over 1000 wipes!! Gotta love the raffle idea!
Here is Chelsee and Jordan with their loot.
Jordan with his favorite gift -- a homemade octupus that Alyssa had made for the baby ;)
Here is mom and dd -- dd was VERY excited to receive her very own "temple" (castle) pajamas from my mom. The pants are silky and so cute!
Here are the kids helping at the airport ;)
Waiting for Grandma
Passing the time taking ridiculous pictures.
Ds did a good job keeping himself busy as well ...
Monday we spent the whole day shopping all over -- it was a blast! Dd loved eating happy meals, buying hairbows and trying on clothes for Grandma :)

2 comments:
Fun stuff!! I love planning showers, they're so much fun! great job on everything, looks way cute and yummy! =) I love that last pic of Tru. lol
Wow, that shower looked amazing! And I'm glad Chelsee got to share it with your mom. Now, go take a nap, it sounds like you deserve a break!
Post a Comment