Monday, August 25, 2008

Ed Week 2008

Hooray for Education Week. Have I mentioned how much I love living in Provo !?! This year I've been able to conveniently attend both Women's Conference and Education Week thanks to good ol' BYU just down the street :D I never would have thought that I would live in Utah County for this long, but it has been so great!! Whenever Trent and I talk about where we'd like to live permanently (you know, as in that far distant day when we have a home ;) we're always hesitant to go too far from Provo because there are so many things we love to do here. A lot of our family traditions are rooted here as well because this is where we've lived since marrying. Anyway, I digress, but I was grateful that I could make the quick drive to BYU this week -- especially since I was driving back and forth so much ;)
Each morning Trent attended classes, then around 11 a.m. I would arrive on campus with the kids and have a picnic with them. At noon Trent and I would go to a class together while Tina grandma-sat the kiddos and then Trent took over with the kids from 2-4 while I attended two more classes. The kids both LOVED spending so much time outside exploring new things. Shaylie was so excited to have a picnic EVERY day ;) haha. That's probably more picnics then she has experienced in her whole life. Because we were away from home so much the house stayed relatively clean so I had a whole week where I only did the dishes and laundry ONCE. That alone was a mighty miracle ;)
I can't even tell you how amazing our classes were. Trent and I were able to spend each evening teaching each other the material from our notes -- we both learned a ton. This was such perfect timing for our family. Not only did our busy crazy schedule put the family on a early to rise VERY early to bed routine (I think I've been trying to do that for a full year now?!), but the material was exactly pointed at the areas where we were ready to take things up a notch and improve as a family. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I look forward to continuing this tradition each year.
Here are some pics of the kids going wild on the BYU grounds:





No comments: