Saturday, August 16, 2008

Here we go a hiking

I seriously should be sleeping right now. Apparently I enjoy punishing myself, because here I sit, blogging rather than sleeping. Is this the definition of addiction?? Ha.
We have had such a wonderful week that I have completely ignored the computer -- and have enjoyed every minute of it ;) Today we drove for an early morning breakfast (early on a Saturday = 8 a.m.) in Riverton to celebrate Janae's birthday. We had great food and it is always fun to get together.
After stuffing our faces the girls had a productive freezer meal extravaganza. My fridge is now 6 meals larger than it was yesterday and I am extremely, most definitely, absolutely happy about that. Now my goal is to NOT use the freezer meals every single day this week. Have I mentioned that I'm not feeling cooking right now? (Don't worry. It's just a phase, happens at least once every six months. I've found that the only way to cure it is to buy a new amazing cookbook. Let me know if you have any recommendations ;) My family will thank you).
Not long after coming home this afternoon we were back in the car and driving up the canyon to take on Stewart Falls. Yes, I know, it's quite the strenuous hike ;) Well -- strenuous enough for me when you consider we're packing two kids. Yes, two. You don't expect my three-year-old to actually WALK a whole hike? Ahhh... what a dream that would be. Each time I walk on a pansy hike like this and come home TIRED I really wonder if I'm clinically insane for even considering hiking Timp this year. Notice that I said "considering" and not "planning." Heaven forbid I commit to that just yet -- I'm still trying to convince myself that it would be fun.
Either way we had a great time, most of it spent conjuring up ways to entertain said three-year-old while hiking -- that is, until she fell asleep in the lap (or arms) of luxury.
Here are the pics of our exciting extravaganza:




4 comments:

lAuRa said...

cute pics! the fam one looks real good! gotta hand it to ya-I'm such a wuss when it comes to hiking...it used to be a family activity, but now i cringe whenever I hear the word. ha maybe I got all 'hiked out' when i was younger. =) glad you had fun!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

This is a book I just got and love!!! It's great for knowing more about fruits and veggies and it has a lot of new recipes. Robert bought it for me at Sam's Club, but it is on Amazon. Anyway, it's name is Five-A-Day Fruit and Vegetable Cookbook

Jenny said...

What great pictures! I love the one of all of you...you are beautiful! You MUST hike Timp! It is the most beautiful hike of all hikes and you will be so glad you did! Yes, you will die that evening but it will be bliss because you will know that you conquered the mountain and pushed your body past the breaking point. I can't wait to hear about it ;)

HeJo said...

Hi Marcie! I haven't talked to you in um....since err..high school! Way too long! I found your blog on fabebook by looking at Barbara's friends. My mother got me a great cookbook right after I got married, its called the six o'clock scramble. It has easy fun and somewhat healthy meals that make family portions. I think they also have a website with free weekly recipes. http://thescramble.com/