Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was the perfect combination of beautiful weather, heaps of food and lots of family.
Each year we meet up with our Jessee family (since my family lives on the other side of the world) for a large Thanksgiving dinner. This year my mother-in-law was hosting and I believe there were around 35 people there. This is really different from my Thanksgiving dinners growing up when it was only 6 of us :) I really enjoy this new tradition -- especially the part about me NOT doing all of the cooking. I have no idea how my mom did it all those years. This year I only had to bring Jell-O and Yams. I ended up with a whole casserole dish of yams and two huge Jell-O's left over. Go figure!
The food was amazing. I wish I could re-live it right now. I could def. use some more mashed potatoes and gravy. YUM YUM. Maybe with some juicy turkey on top ... mmm...
Truman kind of had a rough time -- no nap time throws him off. Shay, however, had a BLAST. She spent the whole time with two little cousins. The girls are so sweet with her and they play together the whole time. Shaylie LIVES for playdates, so this was a special treat to her.
Neither of my children understood the concept of eating a TON so they missed out. I lucked out and finished Tru's plate too :) Go me.
There was plenty of socializing, games, and singing. There is always a group that gathers to sing Christmas songs around the piano. I think the Jessee's are the only family I know of where almost everyone is an Alto. You could make some really sweet harmonies if only there were more sopranos in the family! haha.
Here are just a few pictures from our wonderful day:

Truman, all ready for the parade and getting comfy with his stuffed pals. Shaylie really enjoyed the parade this year. They had a princess float and music from The Little Mermaid. She was SO excited to see Santa in the parade.


Shaylie with her plate of goodies:
I was so proud of Shaylie. She was eating downstairs without mom and dad, living it up at the Big Kid table. She felt so special! (despite the bib I made her wear:)


Here is Tru and his plate of goodness. He really got into the stuffing (yuck!) jello and a roll but that was about it! I think he would have ate more if he was well rested.
Can you see the excitement on her face? She loved Thanksgivng (or "Giving!" as she calls it).

No comments: