Sunday, December 28, 2008

First ever sledding extravaganza

The day after Christmas we took the kids sledding for the very first time. They both have snowsuits, super warm coats and beanies so we figured we be ok without snowboots and snowgloves (they had those pansy knit ones). Ha. Ha. Ha.
Trent and I were fine sans-snowsuits but the kids got a teeny bit of snow on their hands and started crying :) Their poor little hands were bright red (gee thanks pansy gloves) and they were both miserable. We made it down the hill 4 times before the crying set in and we called it a day :) I think all of the excitement plus the cold wet hands made for some overwhelmed kiddos. Needless to say I have now purchased some heavy duty snow gloves for the kids -- I keep forgetting that I live in Utah, where it SNOWS all winter.
Though the fun was short-lasting it was still good to get out in the fresh air. The only sledding hill in Provo (that I know of) is at Rock Canyon Park. It is basically a huge park that is dug into the ground creating a huge bowl effect for sledding on every side. I think that was probably why they created the park. It was packed yet the bowl/park/hill area was huge so there was plenty of sledding room for everyone. Good times. Oh and, how lucky are we that a short 10 minute drive brings us to sledding at the base of the gorgeous snow-covered mountains?!?!? I LOVE UTAH.








No comments: