It snowed alot last week. Enough so that it was 9 pm and Trent was out shoveling the walks. While he was shoveling walks I was getting the kids ready for bed and dreaming of 9:10 p.m and my exciting plans for making some oven fries, opening an Apple Beer and sitting in front of the T.V. for the night. I was antsy with anticipation.Trent comes inside all cheerful from his outdoor exercise and suggests that we all head outside at once to build a snowfort together as a family. Ahhh yes, family bonding time in the dark, in the cold, in the snow with two toddlers after their bedtime.
Never one to be a party pooper, I forced myself (somewhat painfully) to toss aside my evening of indulgence and spent the next 30 minutes getting my kids into the contraptions they call snowsuits.
I will admit that for the most part the kids and I walked around and encouraged Trent while he did all the work. He is the expert afterall, I mean, he's an eagle scout. I only earned the Silver Award in Girl Scouts. Call me an underachiever.
After all the hard work of shoveling, packing and digging-out was done, we stood back and admired his hard work. And then I added some special touches (the type of things you learn about in Girl Scouts) and put a decorative tile border around the entrance, along with some frou-frou flowers to make it seem homey. This is, afterall, our first home-building experience.
And for the finished product: Home Sweet Home -- with room for two small people at one time. Hey.... that kind of sounds like the home we're living in now .....





1 comment:
Adorable pictures!
Post a Comment