Monday, March 23, 2009

editing the day away

I love to edit photos. I think it is so much fun to take a pretty picture and make it pop with a few little tweaks. The only problem? My computer is the equivalent of a technology dinosaur. This means it takes a loonggg time to edit a few photos. Most of what makes it on the blog will never be edited, but every once I just can't help myself :D


(while we're on the topic of things I love ... I really adore the texture that is created when you take a pic with wood chips in the background ... it's pretty sweet)

And just because I also love close ups:


Btw, I still haven't figured out how to "calibrate" my computer ... sooo ... if any of these pictures look freakishly bright/dark/weird to you then PLEASE let me know. It will give me the motivation I need to figure out this calibration stuff :)

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

hollllyy freakinggg cow.
you rock at life. SERIOUSLY.

lAuRa said...

too bad I didn't know you needed a calibrator-we just gave ours away to Tim's dad. Cute pix!

Lesley said...

Color looks great to me! As far as pp goes, my laptop isn't super fast, and since I have no patience for loading each image in full photoshop, I just tweak my photos in camera raw through bridge... if it weren't for CR I'd never get through all my images.

Keep shooting!

Amber said...

Cute pictures!!! Thad bought me a Nikon DS40 a few years ago and I still haven't even come close to figuring out all of the different things to do with it. My passion right now is photoshop. I just got CS3 and can't wait to play with it. We'll have to share secrets :-)