Saturday, November 21, 2009

Neighbor Babies!

The long awaited time has finally come ... well techincally the day will come in about a month ... you know what I'm talking about: Neighbor Babies!

For as long as Amy and I have been friends (4 years?) we have talked about neighbor babies ... or maybe I have just teased her about it becuase I figured my kids needed someone to play with. Ha.

I'm so excited for the Rhoads ... so of course we had to throw a party! I had a lot of fun throwing a shower for Amy and she received a bunch of ca-ute stuff. Hooray for baby showers :)

(These photos are in random order. Bear with me :)

A pic of all the awesome presents :D


We had a raffle and the entry was either a package of wipes or diapers -- you received one entry for each package you brought. Notice the HUGE gift wrapped package of wipes? Yeah, she definetly won one of the drawings :D

Here is the fabuloso diaper cake Amy and I made together (yes, I had her help me pUHlease people, so what if it was her party? Someone had to hold the layers together while I tied them ... I wasn't going to ask my hubby :)
The gift table as the party was getting started (we had this in the R.S> room at church ... hence the blackboard)

Here is the raffle table with the sign for instructions and all of the prizes. We drew a winner every 30 minutes since it was an open house shower.
Two of the prizes were these brownie mix and frosting sets that looked like this when covered with paper:
When you opened the flap on the mix you see three tubes of yummy toppings for your brownies :)
I made this turkey jar of treats for a prize as well:
Here is the food spread. We had fruit and dip, sweet breads and a hot chocolate bar.
Lots of yummy bread:


All of the toppings for the hot chocolate (note to self ... in the future use colorful topppings!)



3 comments:

lAuRa said...

Nice Work! Love the creative ideas, everything looks great and yummy!

Naazju said...

This looks like a BEAUTIFUL shower! You're so stinkin' cute and creative!

Dusty and Amy said...

It was great and yummy! Thanks, Marcie. I had such a great time and it did turn out wonderful. Oh and did you say a month?? Girl I am at almost 17 days :-) Get it straight! And without even trying we made our neighbor babies soulmates too...Colt and Mare :-) I love it!