Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's


We wore green. We ate green food (sans green dye). And that's about it :D
Shay spent the whole day thinking it was Uncle Patrick's birthday (and probably wondering why we were wearing green in honor of it).
For dinner we tried Charred Chille Rellenos with Green Rice from Rachel Ray. It was DELISH -- but a pain in the rear to make (the Chille Rellenos part mainly). I think that it was partly due to the curse of trying new recipes: You spend twice as long because you're constantly checking the ingredients/amounts/timing to make sure you get it right.
The green rice on the other hand was easy peasy and WOWZARS. I'm pretty sure it is the healthiest rice known to man. You know those ginormous bags of fresh spinach sold at the store?? This recipe calls for ONE AND A HALF of those -- not to mention the other fresh ingredients! Want to get your kids to eat spinach?? This is your recipe! (I followed the recipe but I used a rice cooker and brown rice and it turned out great)

(Dessert)
Marilee, well she wasn't able to enjoy the green dessert, so rather than have her left out of the St. Patty's fun I blended up some of the lovely green rice just for her.


See how grateful she was:









(You can do it Marilee, just swallow!)



(ahhh much better!)

(And all is forgiven ... until I give her another bite :D

1 comment:

lAuRa said...

That's too funny about Patrick. I love spinach, so i'm going to have to try that rice!
Those pix of Mar are adorable, haha love the faces!