I spent the weekend digging through old photos (i.e. searching through digital files on my computer), and while doing so I got caught up in our photos from 2005, the year Shaylie-bug was born. Since I didn't start blogging until three years ago I don't have any of Shaylie's baby pictures on the blog to look at when I read our blog archives (yes I do that ... doesn't everyone?). I love those photos -- even though 85% of them are so out of focus that it is r.dicu.lous. It's hard for me to remember what it was like to have just one baby. It's hard for me to remember a lot of things unless I have the story written down or the picture to remind me.
Have I mentioned that I love photography? Everyone, drop what you're doing and go make a memory with your kids and then take lots and lots of pictures of it :)
Ok, now that you're done (have fun? I hope so), I'll get on to the reason for this post. No, it wasn't just to wax sentimental **sniff sniff ;) **
It's because my little baby, is all growed up and going to Kindergarten. And if you think this post is shmaltzy, just you wait until this fall when she actually starts school. Oh my heavens it's gonna be a tear-jerker.
In the meantime I am amazed looking at these pictures of Shaylie in her "Healthy as Can Be, Kindergarten Ready!" shirt she received at her Kindergarten check-up last week. The doctor's office turned check-ups into a fun, fair-like event complete with coloring pages, free t-shirts and goodie bags :) The pink notebook she is holding came from the goodie bag, which is why she is proudly displaying it. Notice her bandaged finger? She didn't even cry when they pricked her!! She even watched while they filled the little straw with blood. She was so brave. Really, if you know Shaylie, you know this is an amazing thing (that could only happen when she has no idea what is coming because they hide the needle in the little plastic gizmo. If she had seen a needle I'm pretty sure she would have mentally hyped that up into the most painful experience of her life and would have been crying ;)
And as usual, I took about 25 pictures, all with her making a different face :) I pared it down to three, so go me :)



3 comments:
So first, of all, I loved your last post with pictures of every year. How do you look amazing in ALL of them? And I know you've had hair issues but at least all of those pictures in that post I was coveting your hair. Every different style! Way to go making me sin!
Also, I am with you...this kindergarten thing is going to be tough. I told Gary a few weeks ago that I was ready for her to go to school and b/c of that I wasn't going to be crying. But then I took her to school to turn in some paperwork and almost started crying. Just signing paperwork. So yeah, I'm in trouble this fall. Thanks for the reminder to make memories!
Oh and Happy Anniversary!
soo cute!
Post a Comment