Sunday, November 21, 2010

The new do

So the new do is an old do. But it's still begging to be blogged.
I had been debating on whether or not to cut Shaylie's hair or give her a gentle wave perm. Excuse me, I had been debating on having TAMMY do one of those two things. It's best for me to not come near my children with scissors ... I'm not a perfectionist and crooked is my middle name.
So, anyway after spending several weeks styling Shaylie's knotted hair each morning for school (not an easy feat, trust me) I decided to just chop it all off instead.
And I'm glad I did. Now we stick a clip in and she's out the door.
So, we had to fully document her first time at Tammy's salon. Yes, I'm the weirdo in the cap with a camera. I had my hair cut the same day .... soooo, you know what this means! Before and After time :D :D woo hoo baby!

First up, we'll get mine out of the way :) So I had spent a long.long. time growing out the nightmare punk rocker haircut of 2009 and my hair was finally long. And I liked it ... BUT reality is, most of the time it was in a ponytail. And not even a cute ponytail. It was all sorts of frumpy.
So I decided I better just save myself some effort (I find hair styling about as boring as doing the dishes) and just chop it off. So chop we did :D
Here is my before (I decided my last "before" pic was SO scary I had better tame it down this time. Feel free to thank me later)

And then the after. And I have to say ... I (almost) never ask to have a picture taken of me alone. But when we were out doing family photos I handed Trent the camera to get some of me with the girls and as I was walking away he said "Hey Marcie" and I turned around with my "What??" face and he snapped a picture. So even though I have on a slightly odd and constipated face, it does in fact show my hair better than any other picture I took. So there you have it. (And way to go Trent for getting a sharp candid pic! You're such a pro ;)

And now for the cute face you really care about:
BEFore...
(yes, apparently I am a mean mom for taking a 2 second picture right before bedtime ;)

And the after! What a cutie (who posed herself. So proud)

















5 comments:

Naazju said...

You know, her hair doesn't look that long until you see the haircut and scroll back up. Crazy!

The Rowleys said...

Dang it now I want to cut my hair but then Lyssa would be ticked. Love the new do's.

e. said...

First of all, you look like a freaking model in that picture. Not only is your hair cut DARLING, you look fierce enough for Tyra. Second, Shaylie's new do is really cute. Now I want to cut my hair!!

Raven said...

You both look great! And Shay looks just adorable--what a perfect cut for her.

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

You look absolutely STUNNING in that picture. stunning.