Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Snow Rant and Leaf Talk

Did you know it was supposed to snow today? I say "supposed to" becuase those miniature little itty-bitty soggy two-minute flurries that we saw today don't really count. Thank goodness for that.
What is with all this SNOW talk in OCTOBER. Helllooo Mr. Winter? Can't you be satisfied with owning about 5 months of the Utah calendar? You just couldn't wait any longer?
The point of all this ranting is that my landlords came and raked away all of our glorious leaves today :( Apparently they are anticipating some real snow tonight and don't want to ruin their precious lawns under a winter covering of dead leaves and snow. Bummer. Sure, there are still some yet to fall off the trees, but we had this beautiful ground cover of crunchy colorful happiness just waiting to be played in ... and now it's gone. A moment of silence please.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you. I guess I can't complain too much, we did have ONE glorious day of fall weather fun in our leaves. And lucky for me I caught it on camera. I'm good like that.
Oh and yes I will be posting way too many pictures as usual.

























2 comments:

Naazju said...

I loved every single picture.

And I agree with you and your rant to Mr. Winter. :)

Jenny said...

I am actually loving winter this year, but then again, my last three months of pregnancy begin pretty much now, so I'd so rather do it now than in the summer.

I loved the pics! It's amazing how you can see every single particle in the air.