A baby's first time on a swing. A camera-must moment. Thank you Marilee for not dissapointing ;)As an aside to any and all goobs reading this I will point out that obviously the first image is edited and the rest are not. I will never edit every single one of our family photos because that is silly ... the pictures look fine. BUT this picture is going on the wall so I want to take it from a snapshot and make it into something special. The minimal editing included brightening the midtones using the levels slider(which I always like to do on my tan children), sharpening, color popping, and almost always, warming a picture up. My camera tends to shoot cool and I still haven't figured out how to set a white balance (though I'm not sure that I would bother carrying a gray card around with me to the park because to me it's not a huge deal that the other pictures are on the blue side ... I dunno. Once I conquer that I'll let you know ;)





2 comments:
She's a doll!
what a sweetie. i love firsts. and love having a photo of them to remember.
ps. i'm planning a round up for my shoot-along on GiversLog, and am wondering if you'd consider letting me use one of your shots. I love the shot of you on the slide with your girls. it is so sweet.
Post a Comment